Sunday, May 12, 2013

Why do they do this?

I live in a home with three dogs.  They love to go outside, they love to go inside, then outside again, then back in.  In fact, they go out the back door.  They know how to open the back gate, to go either in or out, so they go out, then they go around the house and scratch at the door to come in the front of the house.  They don't stop or look around as they walk through the house to the back door.  They either scratch to go out the door, or if it is standing open, which it usually is, they go right back out. Repeat ad nauseaum.

No doubt about it.  As long as I don't modify the back gate so they can't play ring around the housie, they will continue.  They have me trained to keep letting them in.  And out.  And in.

Does anyone have any idea WHY they do this? My guess is, well...because they can.


I do it because she is so happy when I am not going in and out that she lets me lay on the couch for a while. ~Caesar

I was just looking for the Cats, Mom.  ~ Sin-o-min


I was right here with Caesar the whole time.  Not my fault!~ Mr. Stubbs

No comments:

Post a Comment